Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Coconut Fig Bars (DF, GF)


I like the flavor of the coconut with the figs, it "tones" down the fig taste !!!

My niece LOVED these - she couldn't stop eating them !!!!  My brother thought they tasted like the inside of a fig newton.  These are not real sweet bars.



Ingredients:
1 cup dried Black Mission Figs
1 cup brown rice cereal
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup dried dates
2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 very ripe banana, mashed

Directions:
Blend dates and figs in a blender until desired consistency.  I leave some chunks of dates and figs, it makes the bars chewier.

Then mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

Press into an 8x8 pan.   Put in fridge overnight to firm.  These have more flavor the next day, and the next day.....

My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
Ephesians 2:8 (NIV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!