Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

Daniel Fast Blueberry Oat Muffins (GF)




This is Day 12 of my Daniel Fast.

As with all Daniel Fast muffins, since you can not use any leavening agents (baking powder or baking soda),  they do not rise like "regular" muffins - resulting in a denser muffin.




Ingredients:
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup Oat Flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
--------
1 cup unsweetened applesauce  
2 medium to large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup date syrup 
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 1/3 cup fresh blueberries

Directions:

Mix applesauce, mashed bananas, date syrup, vanilla extract and blueberries in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    


Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  


Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  


I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.


The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!


Part of the Daniel Fast is praising God.....SO......

Praise God for he is:
lasting,  living, Lord, light, loving, Lamb, last

Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 11 muffins:  Calories 129, Total Fat 1.2 g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 1mg, Carbs 28.8g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 13g, Protein 3.5g




May my words and my thoughts be acceptable to you, O Lord, my refuge and redeemer!
Psalm 19:14 (GNT)

6 comments :

  1. How long do the muffins keep for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, the muffins keep for about a week if kept in the fridge. If not kept in the fridge, they will only last for about 4 or 5 days. - Denise

      Delete
  2. Can you make oat flour by pulsing oats in the food processor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,
      Yes, you can make oat flour by pulsing oats in the food processor ! THANKS for your question !! I hope you enjoy the muffins !!!! - Denise

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I have never tried using almond flour, but I would think it should work just fine.

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!