Translate

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars (DF, GF)

These are SOOOOOOOO good - I can't stop eating them.  My co-workers LOVED them also !!!  The PERFECT combination - chocolate and peanut butter !!! I used crunchy peanut butter, so there was also a crunch from the nuts.

Adapted from this recipe.



Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cup dates
1 cup peanut butter (no sugar) - I used crunchy
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

Put in an 8x8 pan and pat down.  Put in freezer for a couple hours to firm.  I left mine in the freezer overnight before I had any.  I also left it in the freezer and just took out a few pieces at a time and let them warm up to room temperature.

My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor
For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender 


Estimated Nutritional Value per piece based on 36 pieces:  Calories 54 , Total Fat 2.8g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 33mg, Carbs 6.8g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 5.2g, Protein 1.6g


by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables, the words of the wise and their riddles.
Proverbs 1:6 (NLT)


7 comments :

  1. Hmm, I used up all my dates making date syrup. Do you think I could substitute the date syrup for the dates in this recipe? I'm guessing use less, or find some other way to thicken it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca,
      Yes...I think you could use date syrup - like you said - just use less. I would start with 1/2 to 3/4 cup and then add more as needed until you can form balls/bars out of the mixture.
      I hope they turn out good and you enjoy them !!!!
      THANKS !!! - Denise

      Delete
  2. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! Vegan chocolates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegan Chocolate gifts This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegan box of chocolates Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Larabar Commercial chocolate has sugar and sometimes milk added.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!